Wednesday 10 November 2010

Magazine Double page spread Mock-Up

The magazine double page spread of my magazine is set out in columns, this is because the double page spread will look more organized and it will look realistic like a real double page spread from a magazine. Before I started to plan my mock up double page spread I researched some existing double page spreads and I looked at some of the key features like the writing is in columns and it is usually small and black, and another key feature in magazine double spreads was a gutter. I will then include some of these features in my double page spread, for example I will include a gutter and I will put my writing in columns and I will also make sure that the writing is small and black so it looks realistic.  In most magazine double page spreads there is a quote by the artist and it is bigger than the rest of the text, so I will include the quote in my double page spread as well and I will make it stand out because I will make it bold and black and gold; so when the reader goes on this page the quote will stand out than everything else.

My double page spread is going to be an interview with an artist called 'Eva' and a series of questions are going to be asked to her and she is going to reply to them. I am going to use some slang in the double page spread, for example 'kinda' and 'ya' this is because the magazine is going to be for teenagers and most teenagers will not understand long sophisticated words and if teenagers don't understand the words they may not read the magazine; however if slang is used then they will find it more interesting to read.

On my double page spread there is going to be one big picture covering one half of the page and its going to be of a female model aged 16 years so the model is going to be young just like what I have described her to be in my writing. For my double page spread I am going to take a variety of pictures with the model posing in a variety of ways and then I am going to choose the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment