Monday 22 November 2010

Magazine Front Cover Mock-Up

I have drawn what I want my magazine cover to look like. The magazine is called 'valor' which means bravery and courage and it links in with my magazine and the pop genre of my magazine because singers sing about their past experiences and pop music is about being brave enough and to have the courage to come out and have a unique style. The cover image is going to be a female model and the cover image is going to be covering most of the mast head, more focus will be on the cover image's head and shoulders rather than the whole body; this is because when I was doing research of pop magazine's most magazines focused on the head and shoulders rather than all of the body. The colours of the magazine are going to be gold and black, I chose these colours because they stand out and the colours also go well together as well. 

On my magazine there is going to be a kicker, to make my kicker stand out from the rest of the magazine it is going to be bolder and bigger than the strap lines. The kicker is going to be 'princess of pop' and then there is going to be some writing underneath and the kicker is going to be bold and big and it is going to stand out from the rest of the magazine. The kicker contains alliteration with 'princess' and 'pop' this will make the kicker stand out more and it will also be interesting for the audience to read. The strap lines of the magazine are going to be small and they are going to be gold; the strap lines are going to be about some of the stories in the magazine to draw the reader in. I did not include lots of strap lines because I did not want my magazine to be crowded and over the top, I wanted my magazine to be simple but not too simple so it looks like a real magazine. Some of the strap lines include 'chart heat' and 'brit singers going worldwide' these are issues that people are interested in at the moment and they are also up to date issues as well as I found from my research, I have used slang in my strap lines, for example 'brit' this is because most magazine covers contain slang so teenagers will understand it and relate to it as well. I have also included a barcode and the issue date and number which all magazines have; these are some of the things that will make my magazine look real.       

No comments:

Post a Comment